Tuesday, December 2, 2008

Thanksgiving

I keep checking this blog and nothing new is added...dang..I guess I have to do it myself!

We returned last night from our Thanksgiving trip to Las Vegas. We had a great visit with Clint, Megan and the girls. We took Grandma and Grandpa Davis down, too. They may think twice about another road trip to Vegas after 4 days of riding in the car. We split the trip up by stopping in Lehi and spending the night both ways. I'm not sure our hinnies could have stood the 10 hour trip in one day.

We had a wonderful Thanksgiving dinner with plenty of pie. Isn't that what the dinner is all about...the Pie? We had 2 pumpkin pies, an apple, a pecan, a lemon meringue, and a French silk (Chocolate) pie and there were just 6 adults and one little girl, who didn't eat pie. So I guess we each ate a pie because they were pretty much gone when we left. Hmmmmm.

While we were there we played with McKenna, held the baby, played with McKenna and held the baby. Clint took his dad and grandpa out skeet shooting on Saturday and ended up going to Hoover Dam (without me. :( ) Megan and I went to see Twilight on Friday afternoon. Luckily, all the teenage girls were out shopping so we could enjoy the movie. It was pretty good. We also took McKenna to the park one afternoon. So we had a good visit except the fact that I came down with a horrendous cold by Friday so I spent the time with a kleenex on my nose and mouth so I didn't spread too many germs, and didn't hold the baby much.
Addie is such a sweet little baby who loves being held with her tummy in contact with something, such as your arm, you lap, your tummy...or best of all for her--her mommy. She certainly hasn't missed many meals as you can tell when you see her chubby little legs , tummy and bum. She's generous with her smiles too. We love her!
McKenna is alot of fun and is on the go continually. She gives her parents a run for their money especially at nap time. Her most unfavorite place is sitting on the stairs in time-out. She seemed to be there quite a bit. We love her, too!

We returned home part way on Sunday with the rest of the northern population while the southern population were driving the other way. I swear there was a double line of traffic on the freeway going both ways from St.George to Provo(and the majority stopped at the Flying J is St.George to get gas). But the weather was great and we got home to the frozen north. That's one problem with having kids that live in warm places, beside having to leave the sweet babies, you have to leave warm weather.


3 comments:

Adam,Emily, Paisley, Hayden, and Landon said...

oh it seems like you guys had tons of fun! but it is good to have you home :D

wendys said...

What great smiles! I think they look like their mother. Glad you had a good visit.

Julie said...

So nice to see the update!! I was wondering where you were:) Cute kids and I hope you are feeling better from your cold. LL loved her b-day card, by the way. Fun!